Yellow Cotton Cord
This fabric is in pre-cut lengths.
Stiff and heavy, cord is a truly unique material with a ribbed textured surface. Our yellow cotton cord is a bright sunshine shade which is very versatile and would perfectly fit into any wardrobe. It’s firmer handle and medium weight makes it suitable for wardrobe staples such as button up mini skirts, jackets or a line and pinafore dresses. It’s thicker handle makes it completely unique so there’s no need to line this one if you don’t want to. Cotton is a strong natural fibre making it strong and versatile and suiting both beginners and more advanced dressmakers. If it’s the first time you’ve worked with corduroy, bear in mind it features a nap meaning all of your pattern pieces need to be cut in the same direction.
Also available in Navy.
The Practical Stuff
- Fabric Width on the Roll: 145cm
- Composition: 100% Cotton
- Construction: Woven, it’ll have a little stretch on the bias however is generally quite stable.
Keeping it Fresh
- Cotton should be washed at a maximum of 30 degrees, however we’d strongly recommend laundering a swatch first to test.
- Wash with similar coloured fabrics to keep the colour looking sharper for longer.
- Pre-wash your material before cutting out to allow for any shrinkage.
- Don’t bleach, it’ll just ruin that beautiful colour.