Dusty Pink Cotton Cord
All fabric is priced per half metre, nevertheless if you buy more than this it will be cut as a continuous length.
Stiff and heavy, cord is a truly unique material with a ribbed textured surface. Our medium blue cotton cord is a 9 wale giving it a thick ribbed look. Pale and timeless, the delicate pink colour is a great addition to your wardrobe. It’s firmer handle and medium weight makes it suitable for wardrobe staples such as button up mini skirts, jackets or a line and pinafore dresses. It's perfect on our Hanna Skirt or Emily Culotte Pinafore. It’s thicker handle makes it completely unique so there’s no need to line this one if you don’t want to. Cotton is a strong natural fibre making it strong and versatile and suiting both beginners and more advanced dressmakers. If it’s the first time you’ve worked with corduroy, bear in mind it features a nap meaning all of your pattern pieces need to be cut in the same direction.
The Practical Stuff
- Fabric Width on the Roll: 150cm
- Composition: 100% Cotton
- Construction: Woven, it’ll have a little stretch on the bias however is generally quite stable.
Keeping it Fresh
- Cotton should be washed at a maximum of 30 degrees, however we’d strongly recommend laundering a swatch first to test.
- Wash with similar coloured fabrics to keep the colour looking sharper for longer.
- Pre-wash your material before cutting out to allow for any shrinkage.
- Don’t bleach, it’ll just ruin that beautiful colour.