Overlocking for Beginners - Make a Slouchy Tee
Beginners Sewing - Learn to overlock
A workshop showing you basic overlocking skills and techniques.
You will learn techniques on how to thread up an overlocker, have a go at doing this and experience how they work. We'll give you a feel for the machine and show you that they're not as scary as they look!
We'll finish off by making a slouchy tee (suitable for sizes 6-16). It's our Jenny Tee, a simple one size fits all pattern to get you started on your overlocking journey. We have a larger size available, however please email us prior to the class if you'd like to make this.
This class is perfect for beginners, for those who have machine sewn before but are new to the overlocker.
Two hour class with all equipment and materials provided. You will be provided with black ponte roma for the tee, however if you'd like to make this in any other fabric you're welcome to bring your own!
Workshops and COVID-19
To ensure that the workshops we run remain safe, we are taking a few precautions in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- All participants must wear a mask.
- Workshop leader will wear a mask and visor.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided throughout.
- We will lower the numbers to 4 people (maximum) per workshop. This will allow everyone to have their own table and social distancing is observed.
- A table service will be provided for food and drinks.
- Workspace will be sanitised between workshops.
We're doing everything we can to keep workshops as safe as possible and we ask you to follow the above guidelines. Through booking a session you are agreeing to observe these measures.
COVID-19 measures are subject to change based on up to date government guidelines.