Beginners Pattern Cutting
Beginners Pattern Cutting - Dart Manipulation Workshop
This course is ideal for those who have sewn from patterns before but are eager to learn more about the basics behind pattern construction and the initial principles behind basic pattern blocks and dart manipulation in womenswear.
We'll give you a taster on how to cut your own pattern or adapt patterns to be more suited to you! Through moving and manipulating darts, you can start to create your own shapes and develop skills in creating your own garments.
It's a great intro to give you some ideas and hopefully inspire you to take the next steps into making your own patterns.
This class is 2 hours long.
Workshops and COVID-19
To ensure that the workshops we run remain safe, we are taking a few precautions in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- All participants must wear a mask.
- Workshop leader will wear a mask.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided throughout.
- We will limit the numbers in the session so that everyone has their own dedicated workspace.
- A table service will be provided for food and drinks.
- Workspace will be sanitised between workshops.
We're doing everything we can to keep workshops as safe as possible and we ask you to follow the above guidelines. Through booking a session you are agreeing to observe these measures.
COVID-19 measures are subject to change based on up to date government guidelines.